In this course, Tamanna Patel explores current data trends surrounding tobacco and vaping use among different populations. You will look at why people start smoking and how Covid-19 has influenced trends.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Credit Hours: MCBAP-R (0.0) MCBAP-S (0.0) Mi-CEC (0.0) Nursing (0.0)
This course is no longer active and cant be enrolled intoContinue Course Take This Course
- Targeted and Predatorial Marketing
- High rate of ACEs/Trauma
- High risk behaviors
- Limited access to high quality care
- Delays in care
- Lower quality of care
The majority of adults and children in inpatient psychiatric and substance use disorder treatment settings report a trauma history.
- Describe the disparities, data, and implications of e-cigarettes for adults and youth with mental health and substance use challenges
- Develop a greater understanding of the short and long-term impact of ENDs, e-cigarette/vaping use and nicotine on individuals with mental health and substance use challenges
- Gain resources to raise awareness on the harms of e-cigarettes and how to effectively prevention