Navigating Community Mental Health will provide information pertaining to accessing community mental health services in Wayne County within a System of Care. This course will explain Developmental Disability and Serious Emotional Disturbance and the services available to them. It will explore the development and implementation of a countywide system of care, collaborating across all systems including Child Welfare, Community Mental Health, Juvenile Justice and the Public School System, learning the positive impact on children and families.
- Credit Hours: MCBAP-R (0.0) MCBAP-S (0.0) Mi-CEC (0.0) Nursing (0.0)
Understanding Public Mental Health
This course previously referred to as System of Care 101, provides information regarding what falls under the Public Mental Health system in Michigan. This section of this course works to explain the Medicaid process in the State, as well as how the Detroit-Wayne County Community Mental Health Agency functions and provides treatment to its clients.
Key Components of CMH
This course breaks down Community Mental Health including a discussion of each component. Major components covered are:
- Consumer Choice
- Person-Centered Planning Process
- Cultural Competence
Michigan Children's Initiative
This section provides a definition of children's initiatives in the State and provides a list of evidence-based services, evidence-based practices, and best practices for behavioral health providers to use when working with youth clients. This section also provides an overview of each service and practice.
Systems of Care
This course ends with an overview of the philosophy of the System of Care. The course expert is very specific in explaining that the System of Care is not a service but rather a created culture and philosophy for providing service.
- Understand who is eligible for public mental health services at Detroit Wayne County CMH Agency.
- Understand how to access community mental health services in Wayne County CMH Agency’s System of Care.
- Understand the difference between Developmental Disability and Serious Emotional Disturbance and the services available to them.
- Know what services are available to children, you and families in Wayne County.