In this course, Paulette Niemiec (MA, LLPC) talks about sexuality throughout the life cycle, while breaking myths and sterotypes that abound when considering sexuality among people with intellecutual and developmental disabilities. This course will take approximately one half-hour to complete and will explore the various stages of sexuality in children and adults with mental illness or a developmental disability.
- Credit Hours: MCBAP-R (0.0) MCBAP-S (0.0) Mi-CEC (0.0)
The sexual development through the life cycle.
- Sexuality, curiosity, and learning in infants and children.
- Sexuality in adolescents: gender identity and sexual orientation.
- Adult sexuality: changes in women and men as the life cycle continues.
- Sexuality and people with disabilities. Understanding accurate information and breaking sterotypical perceptions.