Infection Control Refresher for Direct Care Workers offers a unique opportunity to view direct care workers using PPE in a community setting. It provides a brief overview of standard infection control procedures. It includes demonstrations of proper use of personal protective equipment to reduce the spread of pathogens and communicable diseases. It is designed for direct care workers, and others, as a reference tool that can be used to practice the best way in which to adhere to infection control precautions.
- Duration: 1 hour
- Credit Hours: MCBAP-R (0.0) MCBAP-S (0.0) Mi-CEC (1.0) Nursing (1.0)
This module has been vetted & approved by the State Training Guidelines Workgroup.
- Understanding Infection Control: This course provides an overview of infection control and standard precautions.
- Proper Techniques for Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): In this course, actual Direct Care Workers demonstrate proper techniques for handwashing, gloves and putting on, removing, and disposal of PPE in a community setting. It provides an easy opportunity to view the skills multiple times.
- Real-Life Challenges: Several examples of real-life challenges to following proper infection control techniques and how to navigate them.
Narrating this course is Katherine Hanson, M.S. She is the IMPART Alliance Special Projects Coordinator has worked with IMPART Alliance since its beginning in 2016 and has over twenty years of community college teaching experience encompassing both in-person and online formats. She currently serves as the IMPART Alliance Special Projects Coordinator where her responsibilities include communicating with project participants, developing research instruments as well as data processing, analysis and summarization. She also designs and manages project websites, edits video content for several outlets, designs project-related publications, and prepares content for various social media networks.
- Define infection control, standard and universal precautions
- Identify when to use standard and universal precautions
- Describe the process for effective handwashing and hand sanitizing
- Describe how to care for PPE
- Describe how to put on and take off PPE