In the Tobacco Retailer Education, we will learn the basic information retailers and employees need to follow the law in Michigan.
Each module discusses a different topic and there are knowledge checkpoints throughout the modules to help you assess your learning. When you have completed all four modules, you will be asked to complete a course quiz and evaluation. After you have finished the evaluation, you may print your certificate.
- Duration: 1.0 hour
- Credit Hours: MCBAP-R (0.0) MCBAP-S (0.0) Mi-CEC (0.0) Nursing (0.0)
Tobacco Sales and Consumption
This course has been designed for tobacco retailers and retail managers to provide a deeper understanding of the product they have on their shelves. This course is a required course for tobacco retailers in the State of Michigan. This course will cover the different forms of tobacco products that are available for sale in Michigan.
Tobacco Use in Michigan, Adults, and Youth
As a retailer, it is your duty to understand the laws and regulations for the sale of tobacco to adults, and the penalties for supplying to minors. This course will also cover the biological effect of tobacco in youth and adults.
Your Rights as a Tobacco Retailer
As a tobacco retailer and retail manager, you do have certain rights that are provided to you by the state. This course will provide you with an overview of those rights and will provide best practices for the sale of tobacco in your retail locations.
In 2017, 10.5 percent of Michigan high school students smoked on at least one day in the past 30 days. Nationally, the rate was 8.8 percent. (data from 2017 CDC study)
- Identify the effects of Tobacco products on an individual's health.
- Differentiate forms of tobacco for sale and consumption.
- Understand the biological issues with youth and teen use of tobacco use.
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as a tobacco retailer.
- As a retailer, develop best practices the sale of tobacco products from the framework of an owner and manager.