This course reviews the key changes in the DSM-5. It is geared toward licensed professionals trained in clinical diagnosis. Participants will complete 6 modules that address the changes in each section of the DSM-5 needed to effectively implement the DSM-5.
To request enrollment, please complete the Registration Form. You will then receive an email with a username and password that allows you to take the modules on the Dynamic Works website.
- Credit Hours: MCBAP-R (0.0) MCBAP-S (0.0) Mi-CEC (0.0)
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM–5)
This course is comprised of six individual modules that include the topics outlined below and a post-module quiz and course evaluation.
- DSM-5 Module 1: Introduction and Overview
- DSM-5 Module 2: Neurodevelopmental, Schizophrenia Spectrum/Other Psychotic Disorders and Bipolar and Related Disorders
- DSM-5 Module 3: Depressive and Anxiety Disorders
- DSM-5 Module 4: Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders, Trauma and Stressor Related Disorders, Dissociative Disorders and Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
- DSM-5 Module 5: Feeding and Eating Disorders, Sleep-Wake Disorders, Sexual Dysfunctions and Disruptive, Impulse Control, and Conduct Disorders
- DSM-5 Module 6: Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders, Neurocognitive, Personality, Paraphilic and Other Mental Disorders
- Final Exam
This course is offered to you at no cost through a special partnership with the University of Michigan School of Social Work and Dynamic Works.
- Learn core knowledge pertinent to working with the revised DSM-5
- Acquire and practice critical skills for effectively diagnosing clients with the revised DSM-5